Sunday, December 22, 2013

It Worked for Me - Nexus 7 2013

Back in July my Acer Iconia Tab A100 died.  I was rather disappointed as I had only bought it a little over a year ago.  However, it gave me an opportunity to see what had developed over the last year in the tablet space and buying something new.

After thinking about it for a while I decided that I would go with same form factor and therefore started looking at 7 inch tables.  Shortly after starting my search I started hearing that Google was going to be releasing a new version of the Nexus 7.  After looking at what else was out there I decided that the new Google Nexus 7 look like the way to go.

I decided to hold off buying one right away and then held off even longer after hearing that there were problems with the GPS.  By September it looked like the GPS bugs had been resolved and I purchased one.

Nexus-7-2013

Fast forward four months…

I have been very pleased with my purchase.  I have mostly used it for portable web browsing and email.  I have found the batter life much better than the Acer and the high-def screen is very nice.  I have fewer problems with the touch screen but I am not sure if that is that I am more accustom to using it or if it works better.

I look forward to using it in some projects.

No comments: